About Me

My photo
Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India
My life as I lived it had often seemed to me like a story that has no beginning and no end. I had the feeling that I was a historical fragment,an excerpt for which the preceding and the succeeding text was missing. I could well imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and therefore encountered questions I was not able to answer; that I had to be born again because I had not fulfilled the task that was given to me. Finding myself to exist in this world, I believe I shall in some shape or other always exist; and with all inconveniences human life is liable to, I shall not object to a new edition of mine, hoping , however, that the "errata" of the last may be corrected. I am certain that I have been here as I am now, a thousand times before, and I hope to return a thousand times.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

WHEN I THINK OF YOU...




When I think of you ,
so many thoughts run through my mind .
When I don't hear from you ,
so many concerns tear at me .

Like a mighty waterfall , fierce and thundering a deafening roar -
spray enveloping everything around .
So I am sorrounded by you .

Like a babbling brook ,
slipping quietly over pebbles
gently flowing , gurguling .
Such is the peace you give me .

Like a gentle breeze ,
cooling a heated brow
caressing fevered skin .
So you calm my heart .

Like a summer sky ,
glimmering sun warming the earth
shining its light around .
So you warm my soul .

Like the birds in their trees ,
singing their happy songs
for all to hear .
So your voice cheers me .

Like a rose ,
petals opening to release
it's fragrance .
So your smile thrills me .

Like a precious gem ,
glowing , polished , rare
admired by all who see it .
So your eyes inspire me .

Like the summer grasses ,
waving gently in the breeze
inviting , fragrant , soft .
So your hair invites my touch .

Like a rare parchment ,
fine and smooth to touch
finely woven , a work of art .
So your skin delights me .

Like the pulse of Africa ,
ever present , powerful
a phenomenon unseen .
So your heart attracts me .

Everything you are
everything you do
each act of kindness
each look
every smile
every word
all combine to make me
love you more each day .


God bless and allah hafiz,

Avi

No comments:

Post a Comment