About Me

My photo
Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India
My life as I lived it had often seemed to me like a story that has no beginning and no end. I had the feeling that I was a historical fragment,an excerpt for which the preceding and the succeeding text was missing. I could well imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and therefore encountered questions I was not able to answer; that I had to be born again because I had not fulfilled the task that was given to me. Finding myself to exist in this world, I believe I shall in some shape or other always exist; and with all inconveniences human life is liable to, I shall not object to a new edition of mine, hoping , however, that the "errata" of the last may be corrected. I am certain that I have been here as I am now, a thousand times before, and I hope to return a thousand times.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I AM SO MISERABLE ! WHY?


Memory makes you miserable or wise. Memories of events and experiences of the changing finite world binds you, but memory of your nature liberates you. Memories of the over changing relative- good or bad- brings bondage. It is all a matter of where you are, of what you are. If you are ignorant, it is because of memory. If you are enlightened, it is because of memory.

When you are miserable, know that it is not your true self. This is called asaucha - becoming unclean.

In our country when somebody dies, the close relatives are said to be asaucha for 10 days because they are very sad. So, they are impure. After 10 days of just living through the experience and reading the Bhagavad Gita, they pull themselves back to the self, they become shaucha. They have purged the impurities that arose during those events.

This happens again and again in your life. You become asaucha and then you must get back to shaucha. Go deeper into your own self- then real shaucha happens.

Shaucha is disinterest in the tendencies of your own senses and a sense of non-association with other people.Become disinterested in your own body.

Why do people love each other so much, have such an intimate relationship and then fight? Asaucha has happened. If you do not have distaste for the tendency of the senses, then distaste for the objects of the senses will come and you will blame the object.

Be shaucha.....Be pure
Live Life.....Love Life

God bless n Allah hafiz,

Avi

No comments:

Post a Comment