About Me

My photo
Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India
My life as I lived it had often seemed to me like a story that has no beginning and no end. I had the feeling that I was a historical fragment,an excerpt for which the preceding and the succeeding text was missing. I could well imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and therefore encountered questions I was not able to answer; that I had to be born again because I had not fulfilled the task that was given to me. Finding myself to exist in this world, I believe I shall in some shape or other always exist; and with all inconveniences human life is liable to, I shall not object to a new edition of mine, hoping , however, that the "errata" of the last may be corrected. I am certain that I have been here as I am now, a thousand times before, and I hope to return a thousand times.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LUST and LOVE






In Love even an object is elevated to life. Stones and trees speak to you; the sun, the moon, the entire creation becomes alive and divine. In Lust even a living being becomes a mere object.
  • Lust brings tension; love brings relaxation.
  • In Lust there is cunningness and manipulation; in love there is playfulness.
  • Lust focusses on a part; Love focusses on a whole.
  • In Lust you want to grasp and possess; in love you want to give and surrender.
  • In Lust there is effort; love is effortless.
  • Lust brings violence; love brings sacrifice.
  • Lust demands; love commands.
  • In Lust you are confused; in love you are focussed.
  • Lust is dark and monotonous; love has many modes and colours.
  • Lust says, "All I want you to have is all I want." Love says," I want you to have what you want".
  • Lust causes feverishness and frustration; love causes longing and pain.
  • Lust imprisons and destroys; love liberates and sets you free.
If someone's lust is interrupted, they become angry and start hating. Hatred in the world today is not out of love; it is out of lust.

Shiva, the embodiment of innocence and love, was meditating. His meditation was disturbed by an arrow of flowers from the lord of lust. As soon as Shiva awoke, he opened his third eye and the lord of lust, Manmathava- one who churns the mind- was reduced to ashes.

Lust grips the mind, tires the body and dulls the intellect. Lust when indulged brings inertia, and when suppressed brings anger. Lust is nothing but primordial unharnessed energy. The same energy when harnessed manifests as enthusiasm, sparkle, sharpness and intellect of love.

God bless and Allah hafiz,

Avi

No comments:

Post a Comment